Breaking an addiction to meth can be a long and difficult process, but here at Keystone, we have more than 40 years of experience helping people do just that.
Learn about our specialized meth addiction treatment programs
Methamphetamine, or meth, is a dangerous and powerful stimulant drug. Stimulants increase activity in the central nervous system and can cause positive feelings, heightened focus, and increased energy.
Some stimulants can be relatively harmless, such as the caffeine in coffee. But meth is in a class all its own. It is much more powerful and much more dangerous than other stimulants, and an addiction to meth can cause a host of negative effects.
At Keystone Treatment Center in South Dakota, we understand how debilitating a meth addiction can be, which is why we provide a unique treatment program for men and women battling addictions to this deadly substance. Keystone offers an adult methamphetamine treatment track that includes close medical monitoring during both the withdrawal process and for the remainder of a person’s treatment experience.
Learn about the expert care offered in our specialty meth addiction treatment program
The treatment process within the Methamphetamine Corrections Track includes a psychological evaluation, cognitive therapy, short-term antidepressant medication if necessary, and impulse control exercises to help manage cravings, anxiety, and agitation. Nutritional attention and an exercise regimen are also provided within this treatment program so that men and women can heal from the physical damage caused by this deadly substance.
At Keystone Treatment Center, we have a dedicated and caring staff who guide our patients through the recovery process. Our staff includes psychologists, a psychiatrist, a physician, an addictionologist, a licensed chemical dependency counselor, and a nursing staff consisting of registered and licensed nurses. Dieticians, social workers, medical and rehab technicians, recreational therapists, pastors, and Native American cultural advisors also round out the treatment team who will work with you during your time at Keystone Treatment Center.
Additionally, as discharge nears, know that we will work with you to link you with appropriate 12-Step support groups like A.A. or N.A., and we can also help you in transitioning to a halfway house and with continuing care when it is appropriate. We strive to arm you with the follow-up services that will support your newly sober life, and we make sure that you’re part of this process so that you can prepare for the meth-free life that lies ahead.
Therapies offered in Keystone’s meth addiction treatment program
We believe that the 12-Step Model is powerful and effective and that it can help individuals achieve successful recovery. Therefore, our Methamphetamine Corrections Track at Keystone is centered on the 12-Step Model so that only the most favorable treatment outcome results.
Our treatment services, which are separated by gender, include the following beneficial interventions:
- Medically monitored detoxification is offered at the start of your care so that meth and other harmful substances can be cleared from your body to jumpstart the healing process. You will be afforded with a great deal of support during detox so that you can be successful in moving onto the next steps of your treatment.
- Medication management services are available so that you can experience alleviation from any existing emotional distress that is caused by withdrawal or the presence of a mental illness or illnesses. Our medical staff works closely with you for this particular form of care so that any medications prescribed are as effective as possible.
- Individual therapy is offered so that you can discuss and process your feelings and emotions within the confines of a therapeutic relationship.
- Family therapy will help you mend relationships with those you are closest to so that you have a strong network of support once it is time to leave our center.
- Group therapy will offer you ample support from your peers while you are in treatment. This treatment method will also help you learn more about chemical dependency and experience what it is like to be part of a dynamic recovery community.
In addition, we also offer a number of experiential therapy opportunities that can help you heal on a physical and emotional level once you are no longer dependent on meth. The therapies we offer include the following:
- Pastoral care
- Recreational therapy
- Arts and crafts
- A ropes course
- Social training
- Native American cultural activities.
Find out more about our meth addiction treatment program
If you feel that you or someone you know could benefit from our Methamphetamine Corrections Track, please contact us at your convenience. One of our helpful and experienced admissions staff members will give you the information that you need and answer any questions you may have about this track or any other programming option that is available at Keystone Treatment Center.