Keystone Treatment Center helps individuals struggling with oxycodone addiction build a strong foundation for long-term recovery. Located in South Dakota, Keystone will help you start your recovery journey with detoxification and transition to residential rehabilitation.
Effects of Oxycodone Abuse
Effects Oxycodone Has on Mental & Physical Health
Oxycodone is a powerful opioid substance that can be found in many different prescription painkillers including Percocet and OxyContin. While this medication is effective in offering relief for many individuals, it is also a medication that possesses a great potential for abuse and addiction. When consumed, oxycodone and oxycodone-combination medications can trigger the onset of pleasurable effects that can attract users, both those who require it for a medical need, and those who do not.
As an individual begins to regularly consume oxycodone, he or she can easily start to develop a tolerance to it as his or her body becomes used to its presence and needs more of it in order to bring about the desired effects. As the individual begins to take more and more oxycodone, or starts to consume it more frequently, his or her body can become dependent on the substance. As a result, the body cannot function in the same manner it used to without the presence of oxycodone. When this form of chemical dependency has been established and the individual attempts to end his or her use of oxycodone, he or she will likely suffer from symptoms of withdrawal.
What Happens During Withdrawal
What to Expect During Withdrawal From Oxycodone
Withdrawal occurs as the body strives to readjust itself to how it used to function prior to the introduction of oxycodone. This can be a highly painful process and, at times, even dangerous. Some of the potential symptoms that can develop when an individual is going through oxycodone withdrawal can include:
- Abdominal cramping
- Extreme cravings
These are just a handful of the potential effects that can occur during withdrawal from oxycodone.
Since the symptoms of withdrawal can be so upsetting and uncomfortable, many individuals find themselves desperately looking for a way to stop the negative physical and psychological effects. One way to do that is by consuming oxycodone again, which perpetuates the destructive cycle of addiction.
Detox at Keystone
Why Choose Keystone Treatment Center for Detox from Oxycodone
Individuals can prevent resuming their oxycodone use to reduce symptoms of withdrawal by engaging in detoxification, or detox, services. Detox is a physiological process where toxic substances are cleared from the body. By partaking in treatment at a high-quality detox center, individuals can have oxycodone cleared from their systems without having to go through the same symptoms that would typically occur during the withdrawal period.
At Keystone Treatment Center, we work to ensure that the detox process is as comfortable as possible. We realize the extreme amount of bravery it takes to decide to partake in oxycodone detox, and we commend those who show such strength.
Our detox program is a comprehensive service that supplies individuals with 24/7 nursing care and consistent interactions with our medical staff during the duration of their time spent in our detox center. The medical professionals at Keystone go above and beyond to ensure each patient’s safety and comfort, which can sometimes include utilizing specific medications that are able to reduce any upset or discomfort.
At the time that detox has been completed, individuals are able to move seamlessly into our residential rehabilitation program where they can establish the skills needed to maintain their sobriety for the long-run.
Long-Term Benefits of Detox
Long-Term Benefits of Oxycodone Detox at Our Treatment Center in North Dakota
There are many benefits of deciding to partake in detox services as one step towards recovering from an oxycodone addiction. Some benefits can include, however are not limited to, the following:
- Comfort: The medically supervised program at Keystone offers specific prescription medications that can decrease the more painful symptoms of withdrawal, which helps patients stop their oxycodone abuse with less pain than they would otherwise suffer.
- Safety: Oxycodone withdrawal is usually not a dangerous experience, however, complications can develop. Our professionals are ready to respond to any issues in a manner that protects the safety and health of everyone who detoxes at Keystone.
- Therapeutic support: In addition to supplying medications, the professionals at our oxycodone detox center are able to help patients handle discomfort through a number of therapeutic interventions. The skills established during detox can also be effective during the entire treatment process, as well as after the individual has finished care and returned home.
- Community: The many men and women who are in recovery across the globe form a close-knit and vibrant community that can be a source of continued support for those who are recovering from oxycodone addiction. While in detox, an individual can start to make beneficial connections within his or her community and can uncover the value of providing and receiving support from those who are going through similar challenges.
- Continuity: When an individual completes detox at Keystone, he or she can then transition into the next level of care for his or her oxycodone addiction treatment. This continuity of care increases the chance that the individual will have a successful treatment experience and will obtain a solid stance in early recovery.
- Security: Individuals will be unable to access substances of abuse while they are in detox at Keystone, which eradicates the potential that they will give into their cravings and suffer a relapse into oxycodone abuse prior to finishing detox.
At Keystone Treatment Center, we realize the importance of making the choice to receive detox at the beginning of one’s recovery from oxycodone addiction. We also believe that an individual should not be defined by his or her addiction, which is why we work to supply personalized programming options that address each individual where he or she is at in his or her recovery. By doing so, each patient within our care can feel confident that he or she will achieve success in recovery.
If you or someone you care for is grappling with oxycodone addiction and are interested in learning more about our detox services, or if you have other questions about our programming options, please call us right now.