Since its earliest days, faith has been an essential element of Keystone Treatment Center, located in South Dakota. In fact, our specialized Christian treatment program owes its very existence to the faith of one of our founders.
When Doug Hudson was first looking for a location to start a treatment program in 1973, he visited the former campus of Augustana College. While sitting on the steps of Old Main and praying for direction, Doug looked up and realized he was sitting under the arch of the doorway. This made him think of page 62 in the AA Big Blue Book, which talks about God and the spiritual experience.
“This concept was the Keystone of the new and triumphant arch through which we passed to Freedom,” the book notes. Reflecting upon these words, Doug knew he had found the perfect spot and the perfect name for this new program.
Faith is a fundamental principle of the 12-Step Model, and it remains a vital and vibrant presence in the treatment experience at Keystone Treatment Center. Through the decades, many changes have occurred at Keystone. As the science of addiction treatment has advanced, and as the experiences of our treatment professionals have allowed them to develop new insights and understandings, we have continued to expand and enhance the types and levels of care that we are able to offer. What has never changed, though, is our commitment to meeting the spiritual needs of our patients.
Today, one of the ways that we are able to incorporate faith into our treatment services is through our specialized Christian Treatment Track. Patients who choose to participate in this voluntary program receive the same world-class care that we provide to each person who chooses to heal with us. In addition, they also attend a special 12-Step Bible study that is facilitated by a Christian Spiritual Advisor and may participate in individual sessions with a group leader. Patients in this particular program also have the opportunity to attend an area church of their choice every Sunday.
At Keystone Treatment Center, we understand the importance of meeting the physical, psychological, emotional, and spiritual needs of each adolescent and adult who chooses to heal with us. For patients whose faith plays an essential role in their lives, we are proud to be able to provide a specialized treatment program that respects and reflects their Christian principles.
Therefore, by participating in this specialty program, you will be able to benefit in the following life-changing ways:
- You’ll be able to develop a deeper relationship with God or discover a spiritual outlet to rely on during the beginning stages of your recovery journey that can serve you well for a lifetime.
- You’ll be able to heal in spirit as your mind and body recuperate from the effects of substance abuse.
- You’ll have access to a Christian Spiritual Advisor who can offer you support and encouragement as you learn more about yourself and God’s teachings.
- The power of prayer and relying on your Savior during this crossroads in your life can assist you in reaching and exceeding your recovery goals.
- You’ll have the backing and support of others who share your Christian beliefs and who are also working towards living healthier drug-free lives.
- You have the option to attend religious services each week, which can afford you with a spiritual respite in which you can learn more about your faith and become more connected with Christian principles.
Via our Christian Treatment Track, you’ll be part of a dynamic community that shares the same beliefs while working on becoming sober. Additionally, by partaking in this voluntary track, you’ll be able to then live your life guided by positive and transformative Christian teachings that can assist you in refraining from abusing drugs and/or alcohol once more.
For more information about our Christian Treatment Track or for answers to any questions that you may have about Keystone Treatment Center, please feel free to contact us at your convenience. We look forward to speaking with you and helping you determine if our program is the ideal place for you or your loved one to achieve the sober life that is deserving of all people.